Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it is great for acne treatment and prevention.
Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
Complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a GLOW.
Pores: Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
DIY MANUKA HONEY FACE MASK:
1. Start with cleansed skin.
2. Pick a premium Manuka honey which is 100% raw with a bio active 10+ or above (this strength relates to its anti-bacterial effects). This means that honey has been cold pressed rather than fine filtered and so is closer to its natural state and retaining more of its health benefits.
3. Lightly wet the skin as it makes the application easier.
4. One tablespoon of honey should be enough to spread on the whole face.
5. Leave on for around 15-20 mins – this is where the anti-bacterial effects take place.
6. Wash off with warm water, pat dry. Your face should feel great after so only moisturise if absolutely necessary.
For Manuka Honey 10+: http://glowingnatural.com/shop/supplements/comvita-manuka-honey-umf-10/
For Manuka Honey 20+: http://glowingnatural.com/shop/supplements/manuka-health-manuka-honey-mgo-400/
Honey for acne? Not just good to eat, from the nectar of the native New Zealand Manuka flowers, Manuka Honey is a miracle beauty and skincare ingredient.
Manuka honey is produced in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the native manuka bush. Advocates say it treats wound infections and other conditions. The Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database lists honey as being “possibly effective” to treat burns and wounds. The Cochrane Review notes that honey may shorten healing times in mild burns compared with traditional dressings.
It naturally contains acids, which aid in the clearing of dead skin cells and in the prevention and healing of acne. The nutrients, vitamins and minerals in Manuka Honey give it special qualities. The bioactivity of Manuka Honey, referred to as the unique Manuka factor (UMF), is associated with the strong antimicrobial activity of this honey against the bacteria E. coli and Staph. aureus, major sources of skin and wound infections.
It draws moisture into the skin, and the unique properties of Active Manuka Honey make it one of the most biologically active and beneficial honeys for the skin. It’s perfect to enhance your skin’s renewal process.
Many people got sick lately. A natural healing tips: Drink Rooibos Tea with Manuka Honey and Lemon. Full of Vitamins & Minerals, High in Anti-oxidant, many more benefits.
Steep one Rooibos tea bag in a mug (200-250ml) of hot water for 3-5 minutes. Add in Manuka honey and a slice of lemon, or simply fresh lemon juice. Don’t get the preserved lemon juice, they are pasteurised, so basically all vitamins are gone.
Remarks: Do not mix honey with hot or boiling water – it not only strip it of all its enzymes, it might also leads to diarrhea.